Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What is the Deal!!!!

This is not my first rodeo! I have had two successful BTWG journey's in the past where I lost a lot of weight, made great strides in my wellness journey and avoided the injury bug! Not so much this time!

First, my work situation is much more challenging this time than it was the first time. I have always travelled a lot, but before most of my meal times were alone. I could choose the place, spend time making choices based on Nutritional information and say no to bread, appetizers and desserts! Now in my new role, all of that is out the door. Lunch in conference rooms, where there is a decent sandwich, with Chips and Cookies! Then for dinner, meals with customers. They want Appetizers and bread and more bread! It is very challenging.

Beyond the things that are beyond my control, even in personal time my focus is not laser tight like it was before. I eat and drink things that are counterproductive to my journey. Work is stressful and I use that as my Excuse (remember we are supposed to have None of those), but I decided this weekend, two months left and NO EXCUSES!

When I woke up Monday morning, I had a pinched nerve in my back. I could barely stand without my knees buckling and running and workouts were NOT an option. I went immediately to see Dr. Karen, BEST Chiropractor in the World and she spent some time working on me and made it bearable. She did recommend I take it easy and no workouts on Monday. Are YOU KIDDING ME! Month 2 and 3 were going to be my months. So, I regrouped and decided a second modified recovery week might be in order. I cannot use this as an Excuse to not focus on dialing my diet in and have to try to make the most of the exercises that I can do. My back is getting better and yesterday I did a 35 minute endurance style run and went pretty well. Tonight I see Yoga and Meditation in my future. I can do this, I have done it before and I will do it again

3 comments:

Sherri said...

I feel for you Matt re: those corporate dinners and lunches...sounds like you're doing the right thing tho: recognizing, regrouping, re-energizing. Hope your back continues to heal!

Kelly said...

Hey Matt!
Thinking of you!
Stay positive and take care of you -- all of you! It will come, you know it will!
Kelly

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine how hard it must be for you with such dictated meals. But you're right: you have done it before. And you can do it again! And I am certain you will!