Last August I posted an e-mail that my Aunt Sarah gad sent me that floats around the Internet, and it hit a cord with me. It covers a lot of what the Project is truly about in my opinion. Losing weight and running races and such are all good, but looking at yourself and others through a new set of eyes is what the Project has really been about for me! Recently, I got a slightly varied version of this e-mail and I thought it was worth posting again. I now believe that real wellness comes from so much more than just working out. It is a body, soul and mind wellness that transcends everything we do and every decision we make. So as you go out and make a run, or get ready for your strength training or Yoga class it is all in the right state of mind. This is a step towards lasting Wellness. Something you look forward too or at least that you appreciate the positives enough that it does not feel like a punishment. So, be positive and the e-mail I have copied and pasted below is some ideas on how to stay positive!
A GREAT RECIPE...
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Talk to God about what is going on in your life. Buy a lock if you have to.
3. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, 'My purpose is to__________ today. I am thankful for______________'
4. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
5. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli , almonds & walnuts.
6. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
7. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control.Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
8. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
9. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
10. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
11. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
12. You are not so important that you have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
13. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
14. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
15. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
16. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'In five years, will this matter?'
17. Forgive everyone for everything.
18. What other people think of you is none of your business.
19. GOD heals everything - but you have to ask Him.
20. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
21. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch!!!
22. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
23. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am thankful for__________. Today I accomplished_________.
24. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
25. When you are feeling down, start listing your many blessings. You'll be smiling before you know it.
Have a Blessed day!