Monday, October 13, 2008

This Stuff Really Works!!!

So why are we all in this project? To lose weight? To be a better runner? To be a better Athlete? To have some place to go on Saturday Morning so we don't sleep in all day or eat cereal and watch cartoons with the kiddos?

All of these are good reasons (except the getting up on Saturday, I still can't believe that I look forward to an hour and half Butt Kicking on Saturday morning that requires me getting on the road by 7:15 AM, but I do!) Weight loss was probably my key motivator that got me to make changes in my life. Those of you that know me well know that I did lose a lot of weight and that is great. As of this morning I am 46 pounds lighter than where I started and 19 pounds away from the weight I would like to hit, and that is a great feeling. I went from 42 or 44 waist pants (depending on the cut) to 36 or 38 waist pants. I went from a 52 in a suit that didn't look the best, to a 48 Athletic Fit in a suit that I had to have the pants and coat tailored down to fit my waist. All GREAT stuff, but on Friday I got the Best Stuff Yet.

Before









After

Near the end of the project I scheduled a Physical for the end of the project to see my progress. Before I started the project, my Blood pressure was in the Pre-Hyper Tension range and moving up. On Friday, my BP was 104/62. For 37 years old that is pretty awesome! That puts me into the category with Children and Athletes after only 3 months of focus. My Cholesterol was at 204 prior to the Project. Not awful but heading that direction. After the project, 176!



Thank you so much to Chris, my project co-test pilots that made the journey such an enriching experience for me. Thanks so Much to my wife Margaret for supporting me, encouraging me and sacrificing to make sure I could have the time and resources I needed to be a success! My Project is not over yet, but the last 19 pounds I want to lose will be a lot easier due to the great foundation I was able to lay with all of my Project friends! I feel like I just got voted of the Biggest Loser, so America the Next time you see me I will be 19 pounds lighter than I am today, but much more importantly, I will be 19 pounds Healthier than I am Today!

Just remember, there is no way to know for sure how many years you can add to your life, but I guarantee this has added an enormous amount of Life to My Years! (Kind of Stole that Line from Margaret, my original health & fitness inspiration)

2 comments:

Christine said...

Way to go Matt .... you rock! Keep up the great work. I know you have it in you to reach your goal. I am looking forward to continuing our work with the project .... it is a change in lifestyle that can only lead to great things!

Anonymous said...

It's great to hear of your continued progress!! You are doing all the right things and have such a good outlook I know you'll reach your goal....and stick with it! What a great testimonial!